Experience Waterloo Central RailwaySt. Jacobs MARKET – VILLAGE of St. Jacobs – ELMIRA
The Waterloo Central Railway runs a recreational passenger train just outside of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, on a historic railway branch between the St. Jacobs Farmers' Market, the Village of St. Jacobs, and the town of Elmira. Enjoy the journey on our regularly-scheduled Market-Day Diesel Trains. Travel through time on our specially-scheduled Steam Locomotive Trains and Theme Trains. Shop at the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market, visit the Village of St. Jacobs and our Railway Museum, travel to Elmira and take a tractor ride from the train into the downtown. Charter our Caboose or the entire train and Railway Museum for memorable private events such as birthdays and weddings!
St. Jacobs MARKET – St. Jacobs VILLAGE – ELMIRA
The Waterloo Central Railway runs on a historic railway branch between the St. Jacobs Farmers’ MARKET, the VILLAGE of St. Jacobs, and ELMIRA, Ontario, Canada.
MARKET SEASON: The Waterloo Central Railway Market-Day Train runs seasonally on—Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays—leaving the market at 10:00am, 12:00pm and 2:00pm.
YEAR-ROUND: Our Special Event Trains and Private Charter Trains run at various days and times throughout the year. For a current listing of dates and times please click to get tickets.
Train Stations3 Stops to Board and Depart
1. St. Jacobs Farmers' MARKET Train Station
878 Weber Street North
Woolwich, Ontario, N2J 4G8
GPS: 43.512074, -80.552603
- At the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market.
- The Farmers’ Market Road entrance to the market property trackside.
- Special experiences like the Crazy Caboose Parties and Train Engineer Experience board and depart here.
Free Parking: In Market lot next to the station.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash.
2. St. Jacobs VILLAGE Railway Museum & Train Restoration Shop
50 Isabella Street
St. Jacobs, Ontario, N0B 2N0
GPS: 43.538140, -80.556965
- Railway Museum.
- Train Restoration Shop.
- Wheelchair accessible public washrooms.
- Pre-booked Photoshoot participants with their own photographer.
Free Parking: In the municipal lot and on selected side streets.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Eco Cafe in St. Jacobs.
3. ELMIRA Scout House Station
155 Howard Avenue
Elmira, Ontario, N3B 2E2
GPS: 43.589369, -80.550786
- Please wait behind the gate for the train to arrive.
- If there are no passengers trackside, the train does not wait, so please be prompt.
- The Scout House Station is approximately 1.5km to Downtown Elmira.
Free Parking: on the road shoulder.
Free Shuttle: Enjoy a FREE shuttle from the Station to Downtown Elmira, compliments of the Elmira BIA and Kitchen Kuttings.
Purchase Tickets: Upon boarding; accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Kitchen Kuttings store in Elmira.
Train Ride Options3 Kinds of Train Experiences
1. Regularly Scheduled Market-Day Train Rides
2017 Season: Thurs. May 4, 2017 – Sat. October 28, 2017
On St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market days:
Saturdays: May 6-October 28, 2017
Tuesdays: June 27-August 29, 2017
Thursdays: May 4-August 31, 2017
Departs St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market: 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm.
2. Specially Scheduled Event & Theme Train Rides
Our specially scheduled adventure diesel train and steam train rides include Special Event Rides with live entertainment, drama and excitement as well as themes such as our Great Train Robbery Trains, Twister Tuesdays, Pumpkin Patch Rides, Halloween DressUp Rides, Santa Trains and Easter Bunny Trains. Don’t miss these exceptional events!
3. Private Charter Train & Museum Rentals
Looking for a unique venue for your next big event? Our rolling train venues and stationary museum venues offer the perfect backdrop for events of all kinds, including birthday parties, fundraisers, corporate events, anniversaries, graduations, proms, weddings etc.! Browse our Charter Packages.
- Purchase Tickets - 3 options: 1. Online on our Ticketing Portal—click on Buy Tickets. 2. In person on market days at the St. Jacobs Market Train Station. 3. Upon boarding at the Market, Village or Elmira stops (when seats are still available).
- All Prices, by cash or credit card, are plus HST and Service Fees.
- All tickets include the return trip.
- Hop-On-Off: at any of the 3 stations from the 10:00am and 12:00pm Market-Day trains only.
- Children under 2 years ride free, no ticket required; however, when space is limited, please seat them on your lap.
- Not wheelchair accessible, however we will help in any way possible to accommodate
- (Equipment and schedule subject to change without notice.)
Special Events 2017 At a Glance
For more details about each event, see the event News below.
To be Announced
News & Updates
What’s happening at Waterloo Central Railway?
Times: 10AM, 12PM and 2PM When: July 18, 20 and 22 Leaving From: St Jacobs Market Station You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout we're telling you why, Santa will be dropping by and riding the train! He's checking in to chat with all the boys...read more
Time: 8:30PM When: Dec 30th Duration: 1.5 - 2 hours Route: Round-trip from the St. Jacobs Village to Elmira and back. No Stops. Leaving From: St. Jacob's Village Station, Railway Museum & Restoration Shop Join us for our first Winter Night Train! The train will...read more
Don’t miss this special visit from Santa!read more
When: November 19 Departure: 10:00am and 12:00pm Leaving From: St. Jacob's Market Station Experience the spirit of the holiday shopping season among thousands of twinkling lights and old fashioned charm if you decide to opt for the stopover in St. Jacobs. Each year,...read more