No. 124 was used during the construction of a hydro-electric dam and powerhouse on the St Lawerence River.
CNR locomotive engineer Alexander P Brown of Parry Sound bought 124 in July 1969. He restored the locomotive to operate on a small area of rural land. Upon Alex’s death the locomotive went to Don Broadbear, the founder of SOLRS. The locomotive was moved to St Jacobs in 2010.
|Description||Builder No CLC #1896|
|Builder||Canadian Locomotive Company|
|Acquired From||The estate of Alexander P Brown|
|Weight of Engine in Running Order||86, 500 lb.|
|Weight of Engine Empty||86, 500 lb.|
|Tractive Power, Maximum||17, 000|
|Water Capacity||4,500 US Gallons|