While the No. 80 CPR Baggage Car was designed in 1947, it was not built until 1949. The cars were designed as horse express cars, which differ from baggage cars. The car was numbered CP 4560 and was equipped to hold 18 horses and 6 attendants.
In 1964, the cars were refitted to carry cargo and was renumbered CP 4600.
Years later the car was completely converted to be baggage car and was renumbered CP 2600.
In 1974, the cars were taken out of service and were assigned to CPR’s Public Relations department. The cars were turned into display cars and were renumbered CP 80.
|No. in class||2|
|Builder||Canadian Car and Foundry|
|Entered Service||February 1930|
|No. of trucks||2|
|No. of axles||4|
|Light Weight||122,900 lb.|
|Extreme Length||83 ft. 11 in.|
|Extreme Height||13 ft. 9 in.|
|Extreme Width||10 ft. 7 in.|