Caboose 61 was built for the Toronto Hamilton & Buffalo Railway. The caboose was made at the National Steel Car in Hamilton in 1914 and remained in active service until 1973. Don Broadbear owned the caboose and it was stored at the Port Stanley Railway. The caboose is now owned by Southern Ontario Locomotive Society (Waterloo Central Railway).
It is believed that the caboose was originally painted green. In 1956, the caboose was painted Yellow & Black Ti-Cat colours and then again in 1973, it was painted red.
All of the cabooses built for Toronto Hamilton & Buffalo railway had a safety slogan on the side “Tight Grip, Safe Trip.”