Boarding the TrainSt. Jacobs MARKET – VILLAGE of St. Jacobs – ELMIRA
YEAR-ROUND: Our Special Event Trains and Private Charter Trains run at various days and times throughout the year. For a current listing of dates and times please click to get tickets.
How to Purchase & Use Your Tickets
How to Purchase Tickets
1. Online, in advance: Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Debit) on our secure online Ticketing Portal. Upon ordering, you will receive an email confirmation with your ordered tickets. Please print your tickets or show proof of purchase on your smartphone at boarding.
2. In person, in advance, if available: When trains are running, at the St. Jacob’s Market Train Station with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Eco Cafe in St. Jacobs Village and Kitchen Kuttings in Elmira. You can also now buy tickets at the farmyard store directly across from the petting zoo!
3. In person, upon boarding, if available: At the Northfield (Coming Soon), St. Jacobs Market, Max’s Sports World (Coming Soon), St. Jacob’s Village or Elmira stops with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Debit).
How to Use your Ticket
- Arrival: We suggest you arrive 30 minutes prior to your train’s departure to allow time to park, either purchase a ticket or trade in your e-ticket receipt for your ride wristband, and board your train.
- Missed Train Departure: Tickets are for specific train times only. If you miss your train, you may board at a different time provided there is space available and you have your ride wristband. If the train is full, we will make every attempt to accommodate you on the next available train.
- Return Trains: All tickets include an open same-day return trip. You may board any scheduled train to return to your home station at your convenience.
- Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE. NO REFUNDS, CHANGES, OR EXCHANGES.
How Much Will It Cost?
- Purchase Tickets - 3 options:
1. Online - Click "Get Tickets" & choose the day/time for your ride in our Train Ticketing Listings Page—click on Get Tickets.
2. In person on scheduled train days at the St. Jacobs Market Train Station.
3. Upon boarding at the Northfield (Coming Soon!), St. Jacobs Market, Village, Max's Sports World (Coming Soon!), or Elmira stops (where seats are still available).
- All Prices, by cash or credit card, are plus HST and Service Fees.
- All tickets include the return trip.
- Hop-On-Off: at any of the 5 stations (2 of which are coming soon) from the 10:00am and 12:00pm Day trains only.
- All riders of the train who have passed their second birthday require an all ages ticket. Riders who have not passed their second birthday do not require a ticket; however, when space is limited, please seat them on your lap.
- Not wheelchair accessible, however we will help in any way possible to accommodate
- (Equipment and schedule subject to change without notice.)
5 Stops to Board and Depart
Waterloo Station - Closed Permanently: Due to the installation of the Region of Waterloo’s ION LRT, we no longer have access to the Waterloo Station located at 10 Father David Bauer Drive in Waterloo.
Farmer's Market Road Stop
330 Farmer's Market Road
Waterloo, Ontario, N2J 4G8
GPS: 43.5097, -80.5514
- Next to St. Jacobs Farmers' Market
- Across the tracks from Value Village
- Special experiences like the Crazy Caboose Parties and Train Engineer Experience board and depart here.
- Parking at Value Village
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash.
VILLAGE of St. Jacobs
50 Isabella Street
St. Jacobs, Ontario, N0B 2N0
GPS: 43.538140, -80.556965
- Railway Museum.
- Train Restoration Shop.
- Wheelchair accessible public washrooms.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Eco Cafe in St. Jacobs.
Town of ELMIRA
155 Howard Avenue
Elmira, Ontario, N3B 2E2
GPS: 43.589369, -80.550786
- Take a wagon ride from the train to the town!
- Please wait behind the gate for the train to arrive.
- If there are no passengers trackside, the train does not wait, so please be prompt.
- The Station is approximately 1.5km from the town.
Free Shuttle: Enjoy a free Elmira tractor shuttle from our train station to downtown Elmira!
Purchase Tickets: Upon boarding; accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Kitchen Kuttings in Elmira.
These stops are coming soon!