Market-Day Train RidesSt. Jacobs MARKET – St. Jacobs VILLAGE – ELMIRA
Market-Day Diesel TrainThe Market-Day Diesel Train runs seasonally on St. Jacobs Farmers' Market days—Tuesdays, Thurdsays, Saturdays—between the St. Jacobs Farmers' MARKET – St. Jacobs VILLAGE – ELMIRA.
Sat. May 7, 2016 – Sun. November 20, 2016
On St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market days:
Saturdays: May 7 – November 19, 2016
Sundays: September 25 – November 20, 2016
Tuesdays: June 14 – August 30, 2016
Thursdays: May 19 – September 15, 2016
Departs St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market: 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm. Sundays only at 1:00pm.
When is it running?
Times - Elmira-bound
|Depart MARKET||Arrive VILLAGE||Depart VILLAGE||Arrive ELMIRA|
Times - Market-bound
|Depart ELMIRA||Arrive VILLAGE||Depart VILLAGE||Arrive MARKET|
News & Updates
What’s happening on the Market-Day Train?
When: November 19 Departure: 10:00am and 12:00pm Leaving From: St. Jacob's Market Station Experience the spirit of the holiday shopping season among thousands of twinkling lights and old fashioned charm if you decide to opt for the stopover in St. Jacobs. Each year,...read more
When: October 23 Departure: 1:00pm Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes Leaving From: St. Jacob's Market Station Take this opportunity to gather relatives and enjoy a fun train ride in heritage style. Kids and adults of any age will truly enjoy getting together and riding...read more
When: October 2 Departure: 1:00pm Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes Leaving From: St. Jacob's Market Station Take this opportunity to view and photograph beautiful fall colours in the Waterloo Region countryside while riding the rails in heritage style. This run is...read more
When: September 15 and 24 October 1 and 8 Departure: 10:00am Market Day Train Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes Train Ride + 2 hour Mennonite Farm Tour Leaving From: St. Jacob's Market Station Route: Round-trip from the St. Jacobs Market Station to Elmira for the...read more
How Much Will It Cost?
Market-Day Train Fares
|MARKET-DAY TRAIN TICKETS||Price|
|Family Pass: Family of 4||$54.99|
|All Ages Pass: Valid for 1 Person||$15.99|
|Children, under 2 years: No ticket required.||FREE|
|School Field Trip: Per Passenger||$15.99|
|Train Engineer Pass: Drive the train!||$99.99|
|Crazy Caboose Party Rental: The whole caboose!||$349.99|
|Crazy Caboose Live Entertainment:||$249.99|
- Prices listed here are for our Market-Day Train tickets. For Special Event Train and Private Charter Train pricing, please see their respective pages.
- Purchase Tickets - 3 options: 1. Online on our Ticketing Portal—click on Buy Tickets. 2. In person on market days at the St. Jacobs Market Train Station. 3. Upon boarding at the Market, Village or Elmira stops (when seats are still available).
- All Prices, by cash or credit card, are plus HST and Service Fees.
- All tickets include the return trip.
- Hop-On-Off: at any of the 3 stations from the 10:00am and 12:00pm Market-Day trains only.
- Children under 2 years ride free, no ticket required; however, when space is limited, please seat them on your lap.
- (Equipment and schedule subject to change without notice.)
Where3 Stops to Board and Depart
St. Jacobs MARKET
1. St. Jacobs MARKET Station
878 Weber Street North
Woolwich, Ontario, N2J 4G8
GPS: 43.5097, -80.5514
- At the St. Jacobs Farmers' Market.
- The Farmers’ Market Road entrance to the market property trackside.
- Special experiences like the Crazy Caboose Parties and Train Engineer Experience board and depart here.
Free Parking: In Market lot next to the station.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash.
VILLAGE of St. Jacobs
2. St. Jacobs VILLAGE Railway Museum & Train Restoration Shop Station
50 Isabella Street
St. Jacobs, Ontario, N0B 2N0
GPS: 43.538140, -80.556965
- Railway Museum.
- Train Restoration Shop.
- Wheelchair accessible public washrooms.
- Pre-booked Photoshoot participants with their own photographer.
Free Parking: In the municipal lot and on selected side streets.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Eco Cafe in St. Jacobs.
Town of ELMIRA
3. ELMIRA Scout House Station
75 Oriole Parkway East
Elmira, Ontario, N3B 3J7
GPS: 43.587210, -80.550745
- Please wait behind the gate for the train to arrive.
- If there are no passengers trackside, the train does not wait, so please be prompt.
- The Scout House Station is approximately 1.5km.
Free Parking: on the road shoulder.
Free Shuttle: Enjoy a free Elmira tractor shuttle from our train station to downtown Elmira!
Purchase Tickets: Upon boarding; accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Kitchen Kuttings in Elmira.