Market-Day Train RidesSt. Jacobs MARKET – St. Jacobs VILLAGE – ELMIRA
Market-Day Diesel TrainThe Market-Day Diesel Train runs seasonally on St. Jacobs Farmers' Market days—Tuesdays, Thurdsays, Saturdays—between the St. Jacobs Farmers' MARKET – St. Jacobs VILLAGE – ELMIRA.
2017 Season: Thurs. May 4, 2017 – Sat. October 28, 2017
On St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market days:
Sundays: May 6-October 28, 2017
Tuesdays: June 27-August 29, 2017
Thursdays: May 4-August 31, 2017
Departs St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market: 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm.
When is it running?
Times - Elmira-bound
|Depart MARKET||Arrive VILLAGE||Depart VILLAGE||Arrive ELMIRA|
Times - Market-bound
|Depart ELMIRA||Arrive VILLAGE||Depart VILLAGE||Arrive MARKET|
News & Updates
What’s happening on the Market-Day Train?
When: November 19 Departure: 10:00am and 12:00pm Leaving From: St. Jacob's Market Station Experience the spirit of the holiday shopping season among thousands of twinkling lights and old fashioned charm if you decide to opt for the stopover in St. Jacobs. Each year,...read more
Join us for a FUN & SPOOKY train ride!read more
When: October 23 Departure: 1:00pm Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes Leaving From: St. Jacob's Market Station Take this opportunity to gather relatives and enjoy a fun train ride in heritage style. Kids and adults of any age will truly enjoy getting together and riding...read more
When: October 2 Departure: 1:00pm Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes Leaving From: St. Jacob's Market Station Take this opportunity to view and photograph beautiful fall colours in the Waterloo Region countryside while riding the rails in heritage style. This run is...read more
How Much Will It Cost?
- Purchase Tickets - 3 options: 1. Online on our Ticketing Portal—click on Buy Tickets. 2. In person on market days at the St. Jacobs Market Train Station. 3. Upon boarding at the Market, Village or Elmira stops (when seats are still available).
- All Prices, by cash or credit card, are plus HST and Service Fees.
- All tickets include the return trip.
- Hop-On-Off: at any of the 3 stations from the 10:00am and 12:00pm Market-Day trains only.
- Children under 2 years ride free, no ticket required; however, when space is limited, please seat them on your lap.
- Not wheelchair accessible, however we will help in any way possible to accommodate
- (Equipment and schedule subject to change without notice.)
Where3 Stops to Board and Depart
St. Jacobs MARKET
1. St. Jacobs MARKET Station
878 Weber Street North
Woolwich, Ontario, N2J 4G8
GPS: 43.5097, -80.5514
- At the St. Jacobs Farmers' Market.
- The Farmers’ Market Road entrance to the market property trackside.
- Special experiences like the Crazy Caboose Parties and Train Engineer Experience board and depart here.
Free Parking: In Market lot next to the station.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash.
VILLAGE of St. Jacobs
2. St. Jacobs VILLAGE Railway Museum & Train Restoration Shop Station
50 Isabella Street
St. Jacobs, Ontario, N0B 2N0
GPS: 43.538140, -80.556965
- Railway Museum.
- Train Restoration Shop.
- Wheelchair accessible public washrooms.
- Pre-booked Photoshoot participants with their own photographer.
Free Parking: In the municipal lot and on selected side streets.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Eco Cafe in St. Jacobs.
Town of ELMIRA
3. ELMIRA Scout House Station
75 Oriole Parkway East
Elmira, Ontario, N3B 3J7
GPS: 43.587210, -80.550745
- Please wait behind the gate for the train to arrive.
- If there are no passengers trackside, the train does not wait, so please be prompt.
- The Scout House Station is approximately 1.5km.
Free Parking: on the road shoulder.
Free Shuttle: Enjoy a free Elmira tractor shuttle from our train station to downtown Elmira!
Purchase Tickets: Upon boarding; accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Kitchen Kuttings in Elmira.