Market-Day Train RidesSt. Jacobs MARKET – St. Jacobs VILLAGE – ELMIRA
Market-Day Diesel TrainThe Market-Day Diesel Train runs seasonally on St. Jacobs Farmers' Market days—Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays—between the St. Jacobs Farmers' MARKET – St. Jacobs VILLAGE – ELMIRA.
2017 Season: Thurs. May 4, 2017 – Sat. October 28, 2017
On St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market days:
Sundays: May 6-October 28, 2017
Tuesdays: June 27-August 29, 2017
Thursdays: May 4-August 31, 2017
Departs St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market: 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm.
ScheduleWhen is it running?
Times - Elmira-bound
|Depart MARKET||Arrive VILLAGE||Depart VILLAGE||Arrive ELMIRA|
Times - Market-bound
|Depart ELMIRA||Arrive VILLAGE||Depart VILLAGE||Arrive MARKET|
News & UpdatesWhat’s happening on the Market-Day Train?
When: July 4th, 11th and 25th August 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th Departure: 10:00am Market Day Train Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes Train Ride + 2 hour Mennonite Farm Tour Leaving From: St. Jacob's Market Station Route: Round-trip from the St. Jacobs Market Station...read more
Enjoy a tractor shuttle ride from our Elmira Station into town! A Big thank you to Kitchen Kuttings, Elmeda Weber and her team, for offering this excellent tractor ride between our Elmira stop and Downtown Elmira! When you get off the train in Elmira, they will take...read more
HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS! We’re carrying a substantial amount of GOLD to the Elmira bank and YOU are invited to go along for the ride!read more
Celebrate being a grandparent on an adventurous ride with your grandchildren!read more
FaresHow Much Will It Cost?
- Purchase Tickets - 3 options: 1. Online on our Ticketing Portal—click on Buy Tickets. 2. In person on market days at the St. Jacobs Market Train Station. 3. Upon boarding at the Market, Village or Elmira stops (when seats are still available).
- All Prices, by cash or credit card, are plus HST and Service Fees.
- All tickets include the return trip.
- Hop-On-Off: at any of the 3 stations from the 10:00am and 12:00pm Market-Day trains only.
- Children under 2 years ride free, no ticket required; however, when space is limited, please seat them on your lap.
- Not wheelchair accessible, however we will help in any way possible to accommodate
- (Equipment and schedule subject to change without notice.)
Where3 Stops to Board and Depart
St. Jacobs MARKET
1. St. Jacobs MARKET Station
878 Weber Street North
Woolwich, Ontario, N2J 4G8
GPS: 43.5097, -80.5514
- At the St. Jacobs Farmers' Market.
- The Farmers’ Market Road entrance to the market property trackside.
- Special experiences like the Crazy Caboose Parties and Train Engineer Experience board and depart here.
Free Parking: In Market lot next to the station.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash.
VILLAGE of St. Jacobs
2. St. Jacobs VILLAGE Railway Museum & Train Restoration Shop Station
50 Isabella Street
St. Jacobs, Ontario, N0B 2N0
GPS: 43.538140, -80.556965
- Railway Museum.
- Train Restoration Shop.
- Wheelchair accessible public washrooms.
- Pre-booked Photoshoot participants with their own photographer.
Free Parking: In the municipal lot and on selected side streets.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Eco Cafe in St. Jacobs.
Town of ELMIRA
3. ELMIRA Scout House Station
155 Howard Avenue
Elmira, Ontario, N3B 2E2
GPS: 43.589369, -80.550786
- Please wait behind the gate for the train to arrive.
- If there are no passengers trackside, the train does not wait, so please be prompt.
- The Scout House Station is approximately 1.5km.
Free Parking: on the road shoulder.
Free Shuttle: Enjoy a free Elmira tractor shuttle from our train station to downtown Elmira!
Purchase Tickets: Upon boarding; accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Kitchen Kuttings in Elmira.