Boarding the TrainSt. Jacobs MARKET – VILLAGE of St. Jacobs – ELMIRA
MARKET SEASON: The Waterloo Central Railway Market-Day Train runs seasonally on—Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays—leaving the market at 10:00am, 12:00pm and 2:00pm.
YEAR-ROUND: Our Special Event Trains and Private Charter Trains run at various days and times throughout the year. For a current listing of dates and times please click to get tickets.
How to Purchase & Use Your Tickets
How to Purchase Tickets
- Online, in advance: Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Debit) on our secure online Ticketing Portal. Upon ordering, you will receive an email confirmation with your ordered tickets. Please print your tickets or show proof of purchase on your smartphone at boarding.
- In person, in advance: On market days, at the St. Jacobs Market Train Station with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Eco Cafe in St. Jacobs Village and Kitchen Kuttings in Elmira.
- In person, upon boarding: At the Market, Village or Elmira stops with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Debit).
How to Use your Ticket
- Arrival: We suggest you arrive 30 minutes prior to your train’s departure to allow time to park, either purchase a ticket or trade in your e-ticket receipt for your ride wristband, and board your train.
- Missed Train Departure: Tickets are for specific train times only. If you miss your train, you may board at a different time provided there is space available and you have your ride wristband. If the train is full, we will make every attempt to accommodate you on the next available train.
- Return Trains: All tickets include an open same-day return trip. You may board any scheduled train to return to your home station at your convenience.
How Much Will It Cost?
- Purchase Tickets - 3 options: 1. Online on our Ticketing Portal—click on Buy Tickets. 2. In person on market days at the St. Jacobs Market Train Station. 3. Upon boarding at the Market, Village or Elmira stops (when seats are still available).
- All Prices, by cash or credit card, are plus HST and Service Fees.
- All tickets include the return trip.
- Hop-On-Off: at any of the 3 stations from the 10:00am and 12:00pm Market-Day trains only.
- Children under 2 years ride free, no ticket required; however, when space is limited, please seat them on your lap.
- Not wheelchair accessible, however we will help in any way possible to accommodate
- (Equipment and schedule subject to change without notice.)
Where3 Stops to Board and Depart
St. Jacobs MARKET
1. St. Jacobs MARKET Station
878 Weber Street North
Woolwich, Ontario, N2J 4G8
GPS: 43.5097, -80.5514
- At the St. Jacobs Farmers' Market.
- The Farmers’ Market Road entrance to the market property trackside.
- Special experiences like the Crazy Caboose Parties and Train Engineer Experience board and depart here.
Free Parking: In Market lot next to the station.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash.
VILLAGE of St. Jacobs
2. St. Jacobs VILLAGE Railway Museum & Train Restoration Shop Station
50 Isabella Street
St. Jacobs, Ontario, N0B 2N0
GPS: 43.538140, -80.556965
- Railway Museum.
- Train Restoration Shop.
- Wheelchair accessible public washrooms.
- Pre-booked Photoshoot participants with their own photographer.
Free Parking: In the municipal lot and on selected side streets.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Eco Cafe in St. Jacobs.
Town of ELMIRA
3. ELMIRA Station
155 Howard Avenue
Elmira, Ontario, N3B 2E2
GPS: 43.589369, -80.550786
- Please wait behind the gate for the train to arrive.
- If there are no passengers trackside, the train does not wait, so please be prompt.
- The Station is approximately 1.5km from the town.
Free Parking: on the road shoulder.
Free Shuttle: Enjoy a free Elmira tractor shuttle from our train station to downtown Elmira!
Purchase Tickets: Upon boarding; accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Kitchen Kuttings in Elmira.