History of Boxcar 3772
1953: Waterloo Central Railway boxcar 3772 was built in by National Steel Car for the Toronto Hamilton & Buffalo Railway as boxcar THB 3413. Later in its career with the TH&B, the boxcar was renumbered to THB 3772.
1991: Port Stanley Terminal Rail purchased 3772 along with boxcar 3709 for use as storage boxcars. The boxcar was renumbered to PSTR 302 and was stored in the PSTR’s Port Stanley yard.
2007: The Southern Ontario Locomotive Restoration Society purchased the boxcar along with boxcar PSTR 301 (THB 3709) for use as storage boxcars. The car became STCR 3772 and was stored in the Elgin County Railway Museum’s yard for a short period of time before moving to St. Jacobs for use on the Waterloo Central Railway. The car became WCR 3772 and was restored back to its original paint scheme.
|Builder||National Steel Car|
|Date Built||May 1953|
|Lineage||Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo 3413
Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo 3772
Port Stanley Terminal Railway 302
St. Thomas Central Railway 3772
Waterloo Central Railway 3772
The historical information and photos presented on our website are gathered from several sources including historical websites, literature and first-hand accounts of volunteers, staff and industry experts.