Day TrainsEnjoy the Journey!
2019 Season: Stay tuned for our 2019 schedule to see when we will be running trains this year. We are currently doing winter maintenance on our equipment, click here to learn more about our historical rail equipment.
The train DEPARTS at…
5 Stops to Board and Depart
1. FARMER'S MARKET ROAD STOP
330 Farmer’s Market Road
Waterloo, Ontario, N2J 4G8
GPS: 43.5097, -80.5514
- Next to Value Village
- Across the tracks from St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market
- Special experiences like the Crazy Caboose Parties and Train Engineer Experience board and depart here.
- Parking at Value Village
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash.
2. MAX'S SPORTS WORLD
3. VILLAGE OF ST. JACOBS
50 Isabella Street
St. Jacobs, Ontario, N0B 2N0
GPS: 43.538140, -80.556965
- Railway Museum.
- The Train Store
- Train Restoration Shop.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at The Train Store in St Jacobs.
4. TOWN OF ELMIRA
155 Howard Avenue
Elmira, Ontario, N3B 2E2
GPS: 43.589369, -80.550786
- Take a wagon ride from the train to the town!
- Please wait behind the stop sign for the train to arrive.
- If there are no passengers trackside, the train does not wait, so please be prompt.
- The Station is approximately 1.5km from the town.
Purchase Tickets: Upon boarding; accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Kitchen Kuttings in Elmira.
Please see individual dates for pricing—click on Get Tickets. All sales are final. There will be no exchanges, no changes & no refunds on purchased tickets.
- All Prices, by cash or credit card, are plus HST and Service Fees.
- All tickets include the return trip. All sales are final, NO EXCHANGES, NO CHANGES & NO REFUNDS ON PURCHASED TICKETS
- Hop-On-Off: at any of the 5 stations (1 of which is coming soon) from the 10:10AM and 12:10PM Day trains only with the correct ticket type you purchased.
- All riders of the train who have passed their second birthday require an Child’s ticket. Riders who have not passed their second birthday do not require a ticket unless otherwise posted; however, when space is limited, please seat them on your lap.
- Not wheelchair accessible, however we will help in any way possible to accommodate
- (Equipment and schedule subject to change without notice.)
Food & Drink
You may bring your own food and drink aboard. There’s also drinks and snacks available on the train when the snack bar is open (currently closed for the rest of the 2018 season). Please tidy your seats and deposit all garbage in the proper receptacles upon departure.
We have a snack bar on board where you can purchase snacks and drinks to enjoy while experiencing the train. The Snack Bar is closed for the rest of the 2018 season.
Washrooms are available on board during our regular day trains.
For special events, there is washrooms available for use on the railway property. Use these bathrooms prior to boarding as we ask that you try to avoid using the onboard bathrooms during your Escape from Spellbound Prison Train, Santa Train and THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride as there will be performers in the aisles.
For special events such as the Great Train Robbery, Escape from Spellbound Prison Train, Santa Trains and THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Rides strollers are not permitted on the trains. We can accommodate strollers on our regular day trains. For the safety of our passengers and crew, all strollers must be collapsed for storage. Children may not ride in strollers while on board.
Alcohol on Board
Alcohol is permitted on the train for your event or party with the proper permits and licensing in hand. We do not permit that you bring your own alcoholic beverages onto our train. If you are interested in having alcohol as a part of your event or party on the train, please contact us.
No Wheelchair Accessibility
Unfortunately at this time our historical train has very narrow steps up into the train and narrow doorway openings and aisles which do not allow for a wheelchair to pass. If the person is able to take steps we have volunteers that can offer a helping hand to assist to get them seated.
No smoking is allowed in any vehicle or in any building on our property, for the protection of our equipment, and in accordance with local bylaws and provincial legislation.
This is a seated activity with blocks of 4 seats facing each other and due to seat constrictions and very close quarters in our historical trains we would not recommend that pets be brought onboard.
Special Train Ride Experiences
Extra fun on the rails!