Experience Waterloo Central RailwayThe Waterloo Central Railway runs a recreational passenger train just outside of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, on a historic railway branch between Northfield Drive (2019), Farmer's Market Road Stop, Max's Sportsworld (Coming Soon), the Village of St. Jacobs, and the town of Elmira.
Enjoy the journey on our regularly-scheduled Day Diesel Trains. Travel through time on our specially-scheduled Steam Locomotive Trains and Themed Trains. Shop at the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market and our Train Store, visit our Railway Museum in the Village of St. Jacobs, and travel to Elmira to take a tractor ride from the train into the downtown. Charter our Caboose or the entire train and Railway Museum for memorable private events such as birthdays and weddings!
Farmer's Market Road Stop
330 Farmer’s Market Rd,
Waterloo, Ontario, N2J 4G8
GPS: 43.512074, -80.552603
- Across the train tracks from St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market.
- Next to Value Village.
- Special experiences like the Crazy Caboose Parties and Train Engineer Experience board and depart here.
- Parking at Value Village
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash.
Max's Sports World
St. Jacobs Village
155 Howard Avenue
Elmira, Ontario, N3B 2E2
GPS: 43.589369, -80.550786
- Take a wagon ride from the train to the town!
- Please wait behind the gate for the train to arrive.
- If there are no passengers trackside, the train does not wait, so please be prompt.
- The Station is approximately 1.5km to Downtown Elmira.
Free Shuttle: Enjoy a FREE shuttle from the Station to Downtown Elmira, compliments of the Elmira BIA and Kitchen Kuttings.
Purchase Tickets: Upon boarding; accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are also sold at Kitchen Kuttings in Elmira.
Northfield Drive (COMING SOON)
Train Ride Options
3 Kinds of Train Experiences
1. Regularly Scheduled Day Train Rides
The scheduled Day Train runs seasonally on market days between Northfield Drive (Coming Soon) – Farmer’s Market Road Stop – Max’s Sports World (Coming Soon) – Village of St. Jacobs – Elmira.
2018 Season: Sat. January 13, 2018 – Sat. October 27, 2018
Saturdays: January 13-October 27, 2018
Tuesdays: July 3-August 28, 2018
Thursdays: January 18-October 25, 2018
Departs Farmers’ Market Road Stop: 10am, 12pm, 2pm.
2. Specially Scheduled Event & Theme Train Rides
Our specially scheduled adventure diesel train and steam train rides include Themed Train Experiences with live entertainment, drama and excitement as well as themes such as our Great Train Robbery Trains, Pumpkin Patch Rides, Halloween Dress Up Rides, Magical Wizards Festival, Santa Trains, Easter Bunny Trains and THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride. Don’t miss these exceptional events!
3. Private Charter Train & Museum Rentals
Looking for a unique venue for your next big event? Our rolling train venues and stationary museum venues offer the perfect backdrop for events of all kinds, including birthday parties, fundraisers, corporate events, anniversaries, graduations, proms, weddings etc! Browse our Charter Packages. We also offer catering for rentals.
- Purchase Tickets - 3 options:
1. Online - Click "Get Tickets" & choose the day/time for your ride in our Train Ticketing Listings Page—click on Get Tickets.
2. In person at our Train Store in the St Jacobs.
3. Upon boarding at the Northfield (Coming Soon!), St. Jacobs Market, Village, Max's Sports World, or Elmira stops (where seats are still available). Please call 1-888-899-2757 to purchase tickets.
- All Prices, by cash or credit card, are plus HST and Service Fees.
- All tickets include the return trip. All sales are final, NO EXCHANGES, NO CHANGES & NO REFUNDS ON PURCHASED TICKETS
- Hop-On-Off: at any of the 5 stations (1 of which is coming soon) from the 10:10AM and 12:10PM Day trains only.
- All riders of the train who have passed their second birthday require an Child's ticket. Riders who have not passed their second birthday do not require a ticket unless otherwise posted; however, when space is limited, please seat them on your lap.
- Not wheelchair accessible, however we will help in any way possible to accommodate
- (Equipment and schedule subject to change without notice.)
Don't Miss the Adventure!
To ensure there's a seat for you, purchase tickets in advance on our online Ticketing Portal!