Help us Bring History to Life!
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Waterloo Central Railway depends almost entirely on the efforts of our generous volunteers. Our team consist of many dedicated volunteers of all ages with varying skills, all of which are vital to the operation of our historical rail equipment. Our volunteers are the heart of our organization and without them we would not be able to provide such memorable experiences for our guests.
We are always accepting applications for new volunteers. Volunteers restore and maintain all our train equipment year-round at our Restoration and Maintenance Facility. Volunteers are needed for any of the following opportunities:
Restoration & Maintenance Facility Opportunities:
- Sheet Metal Fabricators
- All Trades
Train Operations Opportunities:
- Locomotive Engineer
- Trainman (On-board Customer Service Representative)
- Farmers’ Market Host
- Maintenance of Way (Engineering)
How to Become a SOLRS Volunteer at Waterloo Central Railway
Part 1: Complete and Submit Volunteer Forms
- WCR Application Form – Download Here
- WCR Volunteer Reference Form – Download Here
- WCR Volunteer Waiver Form – Download Here
- Obtain a Vulnerable Sector Record Check for volunteers from the Waterloo Regional Police Service. Click here to obtain an online Vulnerable Sector Record Check.
- If the volunteer candidate is a youth under 18 years of age, the WCR Youth Volunteer Permission Form (Download Here) must also be completed.
- Please submit all completed materials to the WCR Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. All forms above must be submitted together for your application to be accepted.
Once the Volunteer Coordinator has reviewed your application, you will be contacted to discuss the results. If successful, you will move on to Part 2.
Part 2: Interview
If successful in Part 1, you will then be interviewed by the General Manager, Assistant General Manager and the Volunteer Coordinator along with any other appropriate members of the WCR management team available.
Part 3: Administrative Documents & Training
Once approve, the WCR Volunteer Agreement and the remainder of the required forms must be completed, as well as additional training (such as safety). After that the path and options the volunteer would like to take can proceed. Welcome to the WCR Team!
Please note that no one can volunteer until this process is complete.
Are You Currently a SOLRS Volunteer?
Online Volunteer Portal
Current SOLRS volunteers will be able to access our online volunteer portal with a unique login and password. Use the link below to enter our online volunteer portal.