Experience Waterloo Central RailwayNorthfield Drive (Coming Soon) - Farmer's Market Road Stop - Max's Sportsworld (Coming Soon) - Village of St. Jacobs – Elmira
The Waterloo Central Railway runs a recreational passenger train just outside of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, on a historic railway branch between Northfield Drive (2018), Farmer's Market Road Stop, Max's Sportsworld (Coming Soon), the Village of St. Jacobs, and the town of Elmira.
Enjoy the journey on our regularly-scheduled Day Diesel Trains. Travel through time on our specially-scheduled Steam Locomotive Trains and Theme Trains. Shop at the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market and our Train Store, visit our Railway Museum in the Village of St. Jacobs, and travel to Elmira to take a tractor ride from the train into the downtown. Charter our Caboose or the entire train and Railway Museum for memorable private events such as birthdays and weddings!
Farmer's Market Road Stop
330 Farmer’s Market Rd,
Waterloo, Ontario, N2J 4G8
GPS: 43.512074, -80.552603
- Across the train tracks from St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market.
- Next to Value Village.
- Special experiences like the Crazy Caboose Parties and Train Engineer Experience board and depart here.
- Parking at Value Village
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are also sold at the Train Store in the St Jacobs Outlet Mall.
St. Jacobs Village
50 Isabella Street
St. Jacobs, Ontario, N0B 2N0
GPS: 43.538140, -80.556965
- Railway Museum.
- Train Restoration Shop.
- Wheelchair accessible public washrooms.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are also sold at Eco Cafe in St. Jacobs.
155 Howard Avenue
Elmira, Ontario, N3B 2E2
GPS: 43.589369, -80.550786
- Take a wagon ride from the train to the town!
- Please wait behind the gate for the train to arrive.
- If there are no passengers trackside, the train does not wait, so please be prompt.
- The Station is approximately 1.5km to Downtown Elmira.
Free Shuttle: Enjoy a FREE shuttle from the Station to Downtown Elmira, compliments of the Elmira BIA and Kitchen Kuttings.
Purchase Tickets: Upon boarding; accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are also sold at Kitchen Kuttings store in Elmira.
Northfield Drive (COMING SOON)
Train Ride Options
3 Kinds of Train Experiences
1. Regularly Scheduled Day Train Rides
The scheduled Day Train runs seasonally on market days between Northfield Drive (Coming Soon) – Farmer’s Market Road Stop – Max’s Sports World (Coming Soon) – Village of St. Jacobs – Elmira.
2017 Season: Thurs. May 4, 2017 – Sat. October 28, 2017
Saturdays: May 6-October 28, 2017
Tuesdays: June 27-August 29, 2017
Thursdays: May 4-August 31, 2017
Departs Farmers’ Market Road Stop: 10:10am, 12:10pm, 2:10pm.
2. Specially Scheduled Event & Theme Train Rides
Our specially scheduled adventure diesel train and steam train rides include Themed Train Experiences with live entertainment, drama and excitement as well as themes such as our Great Train Robbery Trains, Twister Tuesdays, Pumpkin Patch Rides, Halloween Dress Up Rides, Santa Trains and Easter Bunny Trains. Don’t miss these exceptional events!
3. Private Charter Train & Museum Rentals
Looking for a unique venue for your next big event? Our rolling train venues and stationary museum venues offer the perfect backdrop for events of all kinds, including birthday parties, fundraisers, corporate events, anniversaries, graduations, proms, weddings etc.! Browse our Charter Packages.
- Purchase Tickets - 3 options:
1. Online - Click "Get Tickets" & choose the day/time for your ride in our Train Ticketing Listings Page—click on Get Tickets.
2. In person on scheduled train days at the St. Jacobs Market Train Station.
3. Upon boarding at the Northfield (Coming Soon!), St. Jacobs Market, Village, Max's Sports World (Coming Soon!), or Elmira stops (where seats are still available).
- All Prices, by cash or credit card, are plus HST and Service Fees.
- All tickets include the return trip. All sales are final, NO EXCHANGES, NO CHANGES & NO REFUNDS ON PURCHASED TICKETS
- Hop-On-Off: at any of the 5 stations (2 of which are coming soon) from the 10:00am and 12:00pm Day trains only.
- All riders of the train who have passed their second birthday require an All Ages ticket. Riders who have not passed their second birthday do not require a ticket unless otherwise posted; however, when space is limited, please seat them on your lap.
- Not wheelchair accessible, however we will help in any way possible to accommodate
- (Equipment and schedule subject to change without notice.)
Don't Miss the Adventure!
To ensure there's a seat for you, purchase tickets in advance on our online Ticketing Portal!