Experience Waterloo Central RailwaySt. Jacobs MARKET – VILLAGE of St. Jacobs – ELMIRA
The Waterloo Central Railway runs a recreational passenger train just outside of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, on a historic railway branch between the St. Jacobs Farmers' Market, the Village of St. Jacobs, and the town of Elmira.
Enjoy the journey on our regularly-scheduled Market-Day Diesel Trains. Travel through time on our specially-scheduled Steam Locomotive Trains and Theme Trains. Shop at the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market, visit the Village of St. Jacobs and our Railway Museum, travel to Elmira and take a tractor ride from the train into the downtown. Charter our Caboose or the entire train and Railway Museum for memorable private events such as birthdays and weddings!
St. Jacobs MARKET – St. Jacobs VILLAGE – ELMIRA
The Waterloo Central Railway runs on a historic railway branch between the St. Jacobs Farmers’ MARKET, the VILLAGE of St. Jacobs, and ELMIRA, Ontario, Canada.
MARKET SEASON: The Waterloo Central Railway Market-Day Train runs seasonally on—Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays—leaving the market at 10:00am, 12:00pm and 2:00pm.
YEAR-ROUND: Our Special Event Trains and Private Charter Trains run at various days and times throughout the year. For a current listing of dates and times please click to get tickets.
3 Stops to Board and Depart
1. St. Jacobs Farmers' MARKET Train Station
878 Weber Street North
Woolwich, Ontario, N2J 4G8
GPS: 43.512074, -80.552603
- At the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market.
- The Farmers’ Market Road entrance to the market property trackside.
- Special experiences like the Crazy Caboose Parties and Train Engineer Experience board and depart here.
Free Parking: In Market lot next to the station.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash.
2. St. Jacobs VILLAGE Railway Museum & Train Restoration Shop
50 Isabella Street
St. Jacobs, Ontario, N0B 2N0
GPS: 43.538140, -80.556965
- Railway Museum.
- Train Restoration Shop.
- Wheelchair accessible public washrooms.
- Pre-booked Photoshoot participants with their own photographer.
Free Parking: In the municipal lot and on selected side streets.
Purchase Tickets: This station accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Eco Cafe in St. Jacobs.
3. ELMIRA Scout House Station
75 Oriole Parkway East
Elmira, Ontario, N3B 3J7
GPS: 43.587210, -80.550745
- Please wait behind the gate for the train to arrive.
- If there are no passengers trackside, the train does not wait, so please be prompt.
- The Scout House Station is approximately 1.5km to Downtown Elmira.
Free Parking: on the road shoulder.
Free Shuttle: Enjoy a FREE shuttle from the Station to Downtown Elmira, compliments of the Elmira BIA and Kitchen Kuttings.
Purchase Tickets: Upon boarding; accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa Debit) or cash. Tickets are sold at Kitchen Kuttings store in Elmira.
Train Ride Options
3 Kinds of Train Experiences
1. Regularly Scheduled Market-Day Train Rides
The Market-Day Train runs seasonally on market days between the St. Jacobs MARKET – St. Jacobs VILLAGE – ELMIRA.
2017 Season: Thurs. May 4, 2017 – Sat. October 28, 2017
On St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market days:
Sundays: May 6-October 28, 2017
Tuesdays: June 27-August 29, 2017
Thursdays: May 4-August 31, 2017
Departs St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market: 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm.
2. Specially Scheduled Event & Theme Train Rides
Our specially scheduled adventure diesel train and steam train rides include Special Event Rides with live entertainment, drama and excitement as well as themes such as our Great Train Robbery Trains, Twister Tuesdays, Pumpkin Patch Rides, Halloween DressUp Rides, Santa Trains and Easter Bunny Trains. Don’t miss these exceptional events!
3. Private Charter Train & Museum Rentals
Looking for a unique venue for your next big event? Our rolling train venues and stationary museum venues offer the perfect backdrop for events of all kinds, including birthday parties, fundraisers, corporate events, anniversaries, graduations, proms, weddings etc.! Browse our Charter Packages.
- Purchase Tickets - 3 options: 1. Online on our Ticketing Portal—click on Buy Tickets. 2. In person on market days at the St. Jacobs Market Train Station. 3. Upon boarding at the Market, Village or Elmira stops (when seats are still available).
- All Prices, by cash or credit card, are plus HST and Service Fees.
- All tickets include the return trip.
- Hop-On-Off: at any of the 3 stations from the 10:00am and 12:00pm Market-Day trains only.
- Children under 2 years ride free, no ticket required; however, when space is limited, please seat them on your lap.
- Not wheelchair accessible, however we will help in any way possible to accommodate
- (Equipment and schedule subject to change without notice.)
Special Events 2017 At a Glance
For more details about each event, see the event News below.
To be Announced
News & Updates
What’s happening at Waterloo Central Railway?
When: April 15th Departure: 10AM, 12PM and 2PM Leaving From: St Jacobs Market Station See the Easter Bunny! Watch the amazement in your family's eyes as the train rolls through the most beautiful countryside in Ontario. Tickets will sell out...read more
When: April 1st Departure: 8:00AM, 10:00AM and 12:00PM Leaving From: St. Jacob's Market Station Route: From St Jacobs Market to Elmira Station. A train to Maple Syrup, Apple Fritters, sugar-bush rides and more fun! For the ninth year in a row, we will return to the...read more
When: March 17 Departure: 8:00PM Leaving From: St. Jacob's Museum Station Duration: 1.5 hours Route: Non-stop trip from the St. Jacobs Village to Elmira and back. Celebrate St Patricks Day on board the train! This trip is a non-stop leisurely ride to the St. Jacobs...read more
Time: 2:00PM When: June 17th & 18th Duration: 2 Hours Route: Non-stop trip from the St. Jacobs Village to Elmira and back. Leaving From: St Jacobs Market Station Our Father's Day Steam Train! Gather your family and come on a Steam Excursion. This trip is a...read more